Saturday 12 October 2013

ASUU Strike Made me register For Project fame- Season 6 Winner, Olawale Ojo

Here is what project fame 6 winner olawale ojo, has to say about how he came about the competition.
below is a recent interview held with him:
Shortly after you were announced winner of the MTN project Fame, you said your mind was still blank to express how you felt. It is more than 48 hours now, so how are you feeling?

I feel blessed. I feel that everything around just worked for me this season because I didn’t really expect to come out as the winner this season. It’s about God because I don’t believe there is something I did that others didn’t do. It was the grace of God and the people that voted for me. I’m really grateful to all the people that believed in me and voted. I wouldn’t have won without them.
Basically, I feel this is God’s grace because at a point in the competition, I was almost evicted, so
when you look at everything from beginning to the end, you will realise that it is God’s grace.

If you didn’t envisage winning the competition, what was your plan when
you registered to participate at the auditions?

I came up to register when ASUU was on strike, and this was my first time to participate in a music competition. I didn’t really come with too much determination, but anywhere I find myself, I always try to give my best in all I do. So, when I got into the academy, I didn’t have a
choice than to give my best for everything.

So ASUU strike actually pushed you to Project Fame?

Yes, but I believe that is how God wants it to be. The strike is a blessing in disguise for me.


No comments :

Post a Comment